Landmark buildings and bridges make a statement. When they're built with stainless steel, that statement reflects an enduring legacy of timeless beauty, exceptional strength, and unmatched durability.
Façades and cladding
Stainless steel is the perfect façade and cladding material
Make a statement with stainless steel
Outokumpu stainless steel façades and cladding.
Aesthetically versatile, sustainable, and durable – stainless steel is the ideal façade and cladding material.
Download our Architect’s Façade Design Guide to discover how to design stunning timeless façades with Outokumpu's sustainable stainless steel.
Certified sustainable façade architecture - gain LEED points with Outokumpu stainless steel
Sustainability is at the heart of everything we do, which is why our goal is to reduce emissions through the whole production chain including scopes 1, 2 and 3 of the international Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Protocol, as much as possible. Outokumpu is the only stainless steel producer to have its climate targets approved by the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi).
But we’re not stopping there.
Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) is the most widely- used green building rating system, developed by the United States Green Building Council (USGBC).
LEED certification standards apply to buildings that achieve high energy efficiency and use sustainable materials. The sustainable characteristics of Outokumpu stainless steel, such as high recycled content and long service life, are rewarded in this system.
We offer LEED documentation for our products, which means that designers who select Outokumpu stainless steel can gain LEED points for their buildings.
We also offer quantitative and verified information on the environmental impact of our main products for the architecture, building and construction in the form of environmental product declarations (EPDs). They provide independently -certified data so that architects can calculate the carbon footprint of their buildings.
As the first stainless steel producer in the world, we also provide product-specific carbon footprint information to simplify your sustainability calculations.
Versatile cladding and façades with stainless steel
Applications and uses
- Innovative exterior cladding
- Frame structures for canopies and balconies
- Glass façade frame structures
- Nets in varying thicknesses for supplementary structures and balustrades
Performance and possibilities
- Durable and corrosion resistant
- Long lifespan with low life-cycle costs
- The sustainable choice: Environmental Product Declarations (EPD) and product-specific carbon footprint calculations available for all product forms
- Wide range of aesthetically pleasing surface finishes
- Finishes that can improve a building’s solar reflective index and energy absorption
- The best aesthetic experience that reflects the weather conditions