Landmark buildings and bridges make a statement. When they're built with stainless steel, that statement reflects an enduring legacy of timeless beauty, exceptional strength, and unmatched durability.
Façades and cladding
Stainless steel is the perfect façade and cladding material
Make a statement with stainless steel
Chrysler Building, Petronas Towers, One Canada Square, Burj Khalifa, One World Trade Center, Ping An Financial Center. What do these landmarks around the world have in common?
Outokumpu stainless steel façades and cladding.
Aesthetically versatile, sustainable, and durable – stainless steel is the ideal façade and cladding material.
Download our Architect’s Façade Design Guide to discover how to design stunning timeless façades with Outokumpu's sustainable stainless steel.
Three reasons to choose stainless steel for your façade design
Sustainable and green
To make sustainability reporting transparent on we also provide a product-specific carbon footprint for our products.
With the Outokumpu Circle Green product line, we have gone even further. Its carbon footprint is 92% lower than the rest of the industry average.,
Stunning and timeless
Durable and versatile
Stainless steel reflects its surroundings, allowing the façade to adapt to the environment around it.
With stainless steel, you can create stunning and timeless façades that will keep their appearance for decades, with minimal maintenance.
Certified sustainable façade architecture - gain LEED points with Outokumpu stainless steel
Sustainability is at the heart of everything we do, which is why our goal is to reduce emissions through the whole production chain including scopes 1, 2 and 3 of the international Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Protocol, as much as possible. Outokumpu is the only stainless steel producer to have its climate targets approved by the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi).
But we’re not stopping there.
Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) is the most widely- used green building rating system, developed by the United States Green Building Council (USGBC).
LEED certification standards apply to buildings that achieve high energy efficiency and use sustainable materials. The sustainable characteristics of Outokumpu stainless steel, such as high recycled content and long service life, are rewarded in this system.
We offer LEED documentation for our products, which means that designers who select Outokumpu stainless steel can gain LEED points for their buildings.
We also offer quantitative and verified information on the environmental impact of our main products for the architecture, building and construction in the form of environmental product declarations (EPDs). They provide independently -certified data so that architects can calculate the carbon footprint of their buildings.
As the first stainless steel producer in the world, we also provide product-specific carbon footprint information to simplify your sustainability calculations.
Versatile cladding and façades with stainless steel
Applications and uses
- Innovative exterior cladding
- Frame structures for canopies and balconies
- Glass façade frame structures
- Nets in varying thicknesses for supplementary structures and balustrades
Performance and possibilities
- Durable and corrosion resistant
- Long lifespan with low life-cycle costs
- The sustainable choice: Environmental Product Declarations (EPD) and product-specific carbon footprint calculations available for all product forms
- Wide range of aesthetically pleasing surface finishes
- Finishes that can improve a building’s solar reflective index and energy absorption
- The best aesthetic experience that reflects the weather conditions
Highlights of our stunning façades
Download our Façade Design Guide
Download our Deco sample booklet
Would you like to study 27 of Outokumpu’s special surface finishes in detail? Click below to order our Deco sample booklet pdf.
- Environmental Product Declarations
- Green building documentation
- Safe use of stainless steel
- White papers
If you have any questions, please send a message to: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch.
- Atmospheric Corrosion Resistance of Stainless Steel
- Stainless steel at slightly elevated temperatures
- The suitability of stainless steels for road constructions
- Austenitic and duplex stainless steels used as construction materials
- Corrosion properties of UNS S32101 – Reinforcement bar
- A new lean duplex stainless steel for construction purposes
- Weight optimisation in offshore construction
- MIC on stainless steels in wastewater treatment plants
- Stainless steel rebar
- Utilization of the material strength for lower weight and cost with LDX 2101