We are looking for a Senior Procurement Specialist to join our Supply Chain team in Calvert, Alabama.
To support and drive procurement and contracting activities for assigned commodities in alignment with Outokumpu’s operating and overall strategic plans. This position will perform a range of straightforward assignments based upon established knowledge and experience with fundamental theories, principles and practices in the field of procurement. The person in this role will work under a moderate level of supervision and should be able to exercise independent judgement, within defined guidelines, and demonstrate practices to solve problems of moderate complexity; seeking assistance in resolving more complex issues
- Acts as a resource for team members with less experience.
- Perform commercial and technical analysis (spend, cost/price, supply market, demand etc.) to facilitate further development of commodities and service strategies.
- Develop, execute, and evaluate responses to RFI/RFP/RFQs and deliver data-driven supply recommendations to business partners.
- Negotiate commercial and contractual terms for goods and services in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
- Build and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate with internal customers and suppliers to develop strategic plans to reduce lead times, reduce cost, or possibly provide product improvement.
- Ensure internal compliance with all company standard operating procedures and work instructions consistent with established company policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates a broad skill set that is balanced across interpersonal, business, and tool-based capabilities; having a high level commitment to ethics and integrity; and ability to work collaboratively with team members and other functional groups.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or related field
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience working in Procurement; manufacturing environment is a plus
- Must have 5 plus years of capital equipment (CapEx) purchasing
- Strong contract management experience, including ability to review, interpret and modify commercial terms in an agreement.
- Ability to gather, analyze and evaluate facts in order to provide concise commercial recommendations to management.
- Ability to work with limited direction in a fast paced environment; strong work ethic
- Excellent oral and written communication skills needed for preparing reports and presentations
- Demonstrates ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet critical timelines with limited advance notice
- English language proficiency required
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. We offer a suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities that support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. The total rewards that you receive as an Outokumpu team member goes way beyond a paycheck, including competitive health and insurance plans, 401K company-matching contributions and monthly incentives. We believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need an accommodation to complete any part of the application process due to a disability or medical condition, you may call 251-281-3631 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.