Outokumpu, a global leader in the stainless-steel industry, is looking for an IT Controller in Vilnius (Lithuania) or Helsinki (Finland) to manage the IT planning, target-setting & budgeting.
In this role as IT Controller, you'll be the financial maestro behind our IT function ensuring accurate & reliable accounting, project & service controlling, reporting and performance management.
You will report to IT Controlling Manager and will not oversee any direct reports yourself.
This is more than just a role – it's an invitation to define the landscape of our IT success together!
• Support IT Controlling Manager in creating cost dialogue between IT and Business, and in managing the accounting, controlling, reporting and follow-up of the financial performance of IT.
• Own monthly closing activities of IT’s cost centers, ensuring accuracy, reliability & timeliness of closing.
• Make sure IT cost structure is transparent and correct in all reports and tools.
• Develop knowledge of IT personnel to improve financial management techniques and competencies.
• Ensure the integrity & transparency of IT in income statements, balance sheets, cost allocations, tax exposures and ensure best possible administrative efficiencies.
• Support IT in increasing budget quality and forecast accuracy.
• Develop cost and self-service reporting of IT financials in Outokumpu’s TBM tool Apptio.
• Act as the critical interlink in Finance to increase transparency and credibility of IT activities.
Looking ahead, our IT Controller could take a leap into the future with us and develop in the direction of forecasting processes and business reviews.
• University degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Economics / other relevant subject.
• At least 3 years of work experience in Finance control/accounting.
• Proven experience with SAP and MS Office is a must.
• Familiarity with planning applications & OneStream is preferred.
• Understanding on TBM and technical capabilities of Apptio is preferred.
• Practice in IFRS principles (accounting standard).
• Strong interpersonal, communication & networking skills.
• Excellent command of English, both written & oral.
• Ability to work independently, systematically and to periodic tight deadlines.
• Location: Vilnius (Lithuania) or Helsinki (Finland).
• Contract: Temporary (maternity cover, expected ≈2 years).**
• Languages: fluent English – level B2 and above.
• Preferred start date: ASAP / ideally beginning of January 2024.
** While we are currently offering a temporary contract for maternity coverage, it is highly probable to be transferred into long-term contract within Outokumpu.
• Be part of a global team dedicated to shaping a sustainable future.
• Develop your skills within a high-level workforce committed to continuous improvement.
• Work in a company that values your capacity for responsibility, proactivity, and independence.
• Contribute to sustainable work that will impact generations to come.
• Enjoy flexible working hours and the ability to work from home.
• Local benefits depending on the country of employment.
We promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in Outokumpu. We make every effort to ensure all employees feel welcome and that they are equally heard and have equal opportunities.
If interested, please submit your application in English until December 4th, 2023. The position may be filled before the final application date, so don't hesitate to apply earlier!
For more information about your application please contact Egle Griskeviciene, Senior HR Recruiter, by e-mail at Egle.Griskeviciene@outokumpu.com