We are looking for a fully bilingual Collections Specialist to join our Finance team in San Luis Potosi, Mexico.
Purpose: Manage overdue account receivables for Outokumpu named Companies in Americas within other locations.
- University level degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or similar field.
- Fluent English is required, oral and written.
- 2-4 years of prior experience in Credit and Collection activities in a multinational listed company is required.
- Understanding of financial reporting and basic finance processes (General accounting, account payable, account receivable)
- MS Office and Excel advance level.
- Experienced working with SAP and JDE would be beneficial
- Manage overdue account receivables for named Outokumpu companies.
- Monitor account receivable and overdue recognition.
- Send account statements and execute collection process.
- Monitor and update payment status in relevant systems (SAP & JDE)
- Support customers on additional enquiries (e.g. provide copies of invoices)
- Follow up that actions are taken with reference to a customer claims, price difference, credits and invoicing issues with the respective areas and customer.
- Report overdue status to related parties.
- Clarify, reconciliate and offset (debit and credit amounts) balances in customer accounts.
- Payment plans (with sales)
- Identify and handle over cases to external collection when needed.
- Notify Credit Controllers on debts reaching
- Input on Insurance loss settlement
- Manage customers ‘contacts database (CRM) if applicable.
- Monitor and manage the common Collections email account for the named legal entities.
- Participate in process development and improvement initiatives (bring up new ideas)
- Monitor customer ledger with aim to close open issues.
- Identify and escalate not paid invoices.
- Mutual co-operation with AR - CC and Sales
Competencies and skills.
- A natural aptitude for mathematics, and numerical data
- Analytically critical thinker and problem solving
- Ability to communicate clearly and active listening
- Business acumen and customer focus
- Deadline-driven, organized, and able to multitask
- Ability to cultivate, maintain relationships to drive results
Outokumpu is the global leader in stainless steel. We aim to be customer’s first choice in sustainable stainless steel. The foundation of our business is our ability to tailor stainless steel into any form and for almost any purpose. Stainless steel is sustainable, durable and designed to last forever. Our customers use it to create civilization’s basic structures and its most famous landmarks as well as products for households and various industries. Outokumpu employs 9,500 professionals in more than 30 countries, with headquarters in Helsinki, Finland and shares listed in Nasdaq Helsinki. www.outokumpu.com