We are looking for a Lead Production Planners team to join our Supply Chain in Calvert, Alabama.
PURPOSE: Strategic planning and forecasting with a focus on eliminating bottlenecks optimizing installed equipment utilization.
Outokumpu is the global leader in stainless steel. We aim to be customer’s first choice in sustainable stainless steel. The foundation of our business is our ability to tailor stainless steel into any form and for almost any purpose. Stainless steel is sustainable, durable and designed to last forever. Our customers use it to create civilization’s basic structures and its most famous landmarks as well as products for households and various industries. Outokumpu employs 9,500 professionals in more than 30 countries, with headquarters in Helsinki, Finland and shares listed in Nasdaq Helsinki. www.outokumpu.com
- Manage daily activities of team and ensure alignment
- Plan, schedule and control each equipment
- Final allocates considering planned yield and on-time delivery
- Provide planning scenarios to operations to accommodate breakdowns, constraints and available capacities
- Evaluate quality reports and reroute material accordingly (e.g., rework material, etc.)
- Production order closings
- Daily review of material available for allocation due to fallout and late orders urgency
- Present information in daily operations meetings
- Manage Concessions, 7714,7715,7720,7710, Reversals
- Training of employees on the final allocation, pre-material allocation, PO creations and reallocation process.
- Make weekly planning decisions to reduce changeover time while increasing SOTIF
- Managing direct reports and setting work schedules
- Expert knowledge of PPS/ALS/Prime/TAB
- Communication to operations and sales
- Travel required; Greater than 10%
- Flexible hours – On call
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, Business or similar plus or 5 years of experience as planner or scheduler
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in operations as a planner and scheduler
- Excellent knowledge of production planning and quality control principles
- Experience leading teams
- Proficient in knowledge of MS Office and Excel
- PowerBi is a plus
- Industry experience with multi discipline knowledge of stainless-steel grades, processing, utilization, and defect recognition preferred
- Excellent Analytical skills. Good at math and statistics
- Loyal; Commitment / persistence
- Honesty and integrity
- Follow Through
- Motivator - Leader
- Self- motivated
- Excellent communicator
- Team player versus individual performer.
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. We offer a suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities that support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. The total rewards that you receive as an Outokumpu team member goes way beyond a paycheck, including competitive health and insurance plans, 401K company-matching contributions and monthly incentives. We believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need an accommodation to complete any part of the application process due to a disability or medical condition, you may call 251-281-3631 or email email@example.com.