We are looking for a "Head of Business Strategy and Sustainability Strategy" to join our team in Calvert, Alabama
Purpose: Responsible for aligning BAA strategy with group strategy and providing direction to the BAA Management Team on both, the sustainability strategy and the BAA business strategy. The position links group strategy on business development and sustainability with the business area.
Outokumpu is the global leader in stainless steel. We aim to be customer’s first choice in sustainable stainless steel. The foundation of our business is our ability to tailor stainless steel into any form and for almost any purpose. Stainless steel is sustainable, durable and designed to last forever. Our customers use it to create civilization’s basic structures and its most famous landmarks as well as products for households and various industries. Outokumpu employs 9,500 professionals in more than 30 countries, with headquarters in Helsinki, Finland and shares listed in Nasdaq Helsinki. www.outokumpu.com
Starting with one of the most technically advanced stainless steel mills in the region, the Americas team has built on Outokumpu’s legacy of steel making and added the expertise of its diverse workforce to serve the Americas market with an unmatched passion for producing high quality stainless steel.
With a growing portfolio of both austenitic and ferritic grades from our fully-integrated mill in Calvert, Alabama, and our stainless steel finishing mill in San Luis Potosí, Mexico, and service center in Buenos Aires, Argentina, Outokumpu Americas is well-positioned to serve the expanding needs of the Americas’ market.
- Participates in group business strategy initiatives and aligns group targets into the Americas strategy and vice versa. Presents BAA in group strategy discussions.
- Develop effective tactics for prospecting new markets, partners, channels, and customers.
- Develops and uses contacts and relationships within the industry, business environment, and customer base to understand and respond to competition, pricing, and product demand changes.
- Supports Commercial with new product offerings which are aligned with Americas business strategy.
- Supports development of business cases for strategic developments.
- Strategic thinking to create ideas that encourage business expansion.
- Ensures business strategy and sustainability strategy is closely aligned and merged.
- Translates group targets into the Americas sustainability strategy and defines milestones.
- Stays abreast of trends in renewable resources, sustainable work, processes, and environmental science.
- Establish a close working relationship with group Sustainability.
- Ensures proper sustainability benchmarks are established and maintained using ESG measures, standards, and methodologies. Creating and developing an organization’s short- and long-term sustainability strategies
- Researching regulatory compliance requirements that impact company operations
- Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of sustainability programs, and when needed, recommending changes to close strategic gaps
- Presenting BAA at AISI sustainability committees.
- Developing communication materials for staff and customers regarding a company’s sustainability goals
- 10+ years’ of high level business strategy.
- Previous experience in business strategy and sustainability.
- Bachelor’s required in business, operations or engineering field. MS degree preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership through interpersonal skill including mentoring, communicating, collaborating, and team building.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal and able to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Develop and present board level material
- Experience managing budgets and cost control.
- Strategic Thinking/Management
- Team Leadership
- Listening Skills
- Repetitive motions for computer equipment use.
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, talk, and hear for long periods of time.
- Frequently use hand to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls.
- Frequently reach with hands and arms.
- Walking, Bending, stooping, or climbing stairs.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.