Utility/Entry Operator – Operations
Country: United States
We are looking for a motivated, team player to join our as an Operator. Positions are availabe in various departments throughout the facility. These roles are responsible to safely operating equipment and machines utilized in stainless steel operations. Operators will support operations in an efficient manner as to maximize productivity and quality while minimizing costs and maintaining environmental compliance.
Main Responsibilities for the Role:
- Support their 1st Operator in a safe and efficient manner to operate in their assigned roles.
- Support implementation of Best Practices and Continuous Improvement for the Team.
- Support maintenance activities as required by Operational needs.
- Attend all assigned training and pass any required examination for their next position.
- Maintain environmental and safety requirements.
- Identify safety hazards and opportunities for improvement in safety.
- Identify environmental opportunities for improvement.
- Support optimization of operating practices and procedures.
- Any other activities that may be required, or requested, to support the business.
- Properly follow company and OSHA safety and standard operating procedures.
- Performs housekeeping tasks in and around equipment and machines.
- Performs basic preventative maintenance of equipment and machines.
Direct Reports: 0
Indirect Reports: 0
Qualifications for an Ideal Candidate:
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent required.
- Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions, including rain, extreme heat and cold and near moving parts. Exposure to wet and/or humid conditions, vibrations, dust and asphalt.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 lbs. individually and with assistance over 20 lbs.
- Ability to frequently work from heights of at least 250 feet above ground.
- Exposure to consistent noise.
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, talk and hear for long periods of time.
- Frequently use hand to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls.
- Frequently reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to walk long distances, sometimes over uneven terrain.
- Ability to operate powered industrial vehicles and equipment for task and diagnostic purposes, including overhead cranes.
- Ability to use power and hand tools.
- Ability to work shift work.
- Ability to work in safety sensitive environment.
- Ability to use safety equipment, as required.
We offer you a challenging role with the support of a motivated team in rewarding environment.