Outokumpu is looking for a communications professional to join our global Communications and Brand team as a Communications Lead, Germany.
In this central role, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of communications within Germany, while also actively participating in the development of our public affairs strategies on a broader scale. You will play a vital role in shaping our public image, engaging with various stakeholders, and support brand building initiatives in Germany and largely in Central Europe as we continue to build a world that lasts forever.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Drive engaging and impactful internal and external communications in Germany, and when applicable in Central Europe, aligned with company goals and values.
- Manage and develop media relations particularly in Germany.
- Create, manage, and monitor content across various communication channels.
- Support in coordinating public affairs initiatives in Germany, and in Central Europe when applicable, and build relationships with key stakeholders in the region.
- Support wider development efforts regarding public relations strategies on Group level by following societal discussion in both Germany and EU.
- Ensure reliable crisis communication in Germany.
- Act as a trusted communications sparring partner for senior leadership and other key stakeholders in matters related to Germany.
- Participate in and support other Group-level projects as needed.
What do we expect from you?
- University-level degree.
- Min. 3 years of experience in communications and / or public affairs.
- Excellent written and oral skills in German and English. Proficiency in other languages is considered an asset.
- Experience with political communications and relationship management is considered an asset.
- Proven track record in managing media relations and working with company spokespeople.
- Ability to grasp and simplify complex issues.
- Collaborative and “can-do” attitude.
- Background in B2B industry is considered an asset.
- Ability to travel occasionally mostly within Europe.
This is what you get:
- A modern and forward-looking brand and communications team that strives to make an impact.
- An international team of communications professionals to collaborate with.
- Exciting projects to run and support.
- Front row seat to develop our public affairs strategies from communications perspective.
- An employer that is truly a forerunner in sustainability in the steel industry
- … and much more beyond that you will figure out along the way.
We promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in Outokumpu. We make every effort to ensure all employees feel welcome and that they are equally heard and have equal opportunities.
The role will be based in one of Outokumpu’s main locations in Europe, preferably Krefeld or Dillenburg (Germany), and will report to Nora Fink, Head of Corporate Communications. The role doesn't oversee any direct reports.
If interested, please submit your online-application before December 20th via our Careers website. The role may be filled before the final application date, so don't hesitate to apply earlier!
For further information or if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Egle Griskeviciene, Senior HR Specialist, Recruitment, by email at: Egle.Griskeviciene@outokumpu.com.