Outokumpu Stainless Steel is looking for a remote “Segment Sales Manager " to join our Field Sales team with experiece in Metals.
Develop end user and / or distributor sales in advanced materials (produced in European mills) in the Marine & Energy, Heavy industry and Quarto Plate & PPP segment and grow sales revenues with already existing customers in NAM
Outokumpu is the global leader in stainless steel. We aim to be customer’s first choice in sustainable stainless steel. The foundation of our business is our ability to tailor stainless steel into any form and for almost any purpose. Stainless steel is sustainable, durable and designed to last forever. Our customers use it to create civilization’s basic structures and its most famous landmarks as well as products for households and various industries. Outokumpu employs 9,500 professionals in more than 30 countries, with headquarters in Helsinki, Finland and shares listed in Nasdaq Helsinki. www.outokumpu.com
Starting with one of the most technically advanced stainless steel mills in the region, the Americas team has built on Outokumpu’s legacy of steel making and added the expertise of its diverse workforce to serve the Americas market with an unmatched passion for producing high quality stainless steel.
With a growing portfolio of both austenitic and ferritic grades from our fully-integrated mill in Calvert, Alabama, and our stainless steel finishing mill in San Luis Potosí, Mexico, Outokumpu Americas is well-positioned to serve the expanding needs of the Americas’ market.
- Formulate customer specific strategy – grow profitable business in Marine & Energy, Heavy industry and Quarto Plate and PPP segment with advanced materials (produced in EU mills)
- Meet customers in regular cadence f2f or online to ensure long-term business with them
- Act as industry expert sparring partner for the customer and provide relevant material about segment developments
- Set right pricing for customers through excellent quoting
- Contribute to sales plan for these segments i.e. allocation of sales volume and contribution margin
- Identify and analyze new market opportunities, competitive landscape, development accounts and drive sales projects within current and future customer base
- Identify new business models and value creation opportunities
- Promote new grades, applications and sustainability aspects of our products to existing and new customers
- Convert sales qualified leads to new customers
- >5 years sales experience in experience in the metals industry
- >5 years of experience developing business in the Marine, Energy, Heavy Industry and/or Quarto Platte
- Role model for the winning behaviours
- Degree or equivalent professional qualifications in sales / commercial / engineering
- Experience with pricing and contribution margin
- Excellent communication skills
- 50% travel
- Decision Making/Judgement
- Results Focus
- Strategic Thinking/Management
- Sales Skills
- Account Management
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. We offer a suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities that support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. The total rewards that you receive as an Outokumpu team member goes way beyond a paycheck, including competitive health and insurance plans, 401K company-matching contributions and monthly incentives. We believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need an accommodation to complete any part of the application process due to a disability or medical condition, you may call 251-281-3631