We are looking for a fully bilingual Manager-Environmental Health and Safety/Security to join our Safety team in San Luis Potosi, Mexico
Purpose: Lead the development and accomplishment of a Zero Incidents Culture, promoting good practices about safety, security, and environmental topics. Ensuring compliance to the management system, local EHS policies, procedures, and the applicable standards. Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local laws, government regulations and internal guidelines.
- Continuously maintain and improve high standards of Safety, Environmental & Security
- Lead the implementation of local Safety and Environmental (HSE) legal requirements, corporate and local HSE strategy.
- Lead and instruct the safety, environmental and security team to achieve internal targets.
- Responsible for development, supervision, and compliance enforcement of effective HSE management systems.
- Oversee and coordinate all training mandated by local regulatory agencies and provide continuous training for all production and administrative personnel and contractors of HSE procedures, policies and behaviors.
- Support all areas in identifying the necessary operational control measures for correct risk management.
- Provide support to timely and adequate reporting, investigation and follow up of (HSE) incidents.
- Generate and implement the Security strategy through the continuous analysis of the vulnerability of the sites.
- Conduct safety audits and evacuation / emergency drills.
- Oversee, investigate, and maintain records of EHS incidents.
- Oversee and maintain achievable targets for lagging and leading indicators.
- Bachelor degree in engineering and / or HSE related fields
- Fluent in English both verbal and written.
- +5 years of previous work-related experience in EHS activities, preferable in heavy industrial manufacturing
- Demonstrated experience leading others
- Good knowledge with federal and state EHS regulations (STPS, OSHA, SEMARNAT, NFPA, ISO 14001).
- In-depth knowledge of HSE standards and best practices, quality ISO standards, concepts, processes and procedures
- Expertise in hazard job site assessment/analysis/solution, risk assessments, incident investigation and root cause analysis
- Development/ implementation of processes and procedures, including comprehensive HSE Plans
- Experience conducting inspections and audits would be desired.
Competencies and skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills to influence others and to gain acceptance of ideas.
- Ability to build credibility and trusting relationships.
- Ability to work collaboratively to achieve targets.
- Work Environment/Safety
- Meeting management
- Sense of Urgency
- Effective Communication
- Decision Making/Judgement
Outokumpu is the global leader in stainless steel. We aim to be customer’s first choice in sustainable stainless steel. The foundation of our business is our ability to tailor stainless steel into any form and for almost any purpose. Stainless steel is sustainable, durable and designed to last forever. Our customers use it to create civilization’s basic structures and its most famous landmarks as well as products for households and various industries. Outokumpu employs 9,500 professionals in more than 30 countries, with headquarters in Helsinki, Finland and shares listed in Nasdaq Helsinki. www.outokumpu.com
Starting with one of the most technically advanced stainless steel mills in the region, the Americas team has built on Outokumpu’s legacy of steel making and added the expertise of its diverse workforce to serve the Americas market with an unmatched passion for producing high quality stainless steel.
With a growing portfolio of both austenitic and ferritic grades from our fully-integrated mill in Calvert, Alabama, and our stainless steel finishing mill in San Luis Potosí, Mexico, and service center in Buenos Aires, Argentina, Outokumpu Americas is well-positioned to serve the expanding needs of the Americas’ market.