We are looking for a Logistics Specialist to join our Supply Chain team in Calvert, Alabama.
Purpose: The main function of a logistics specialist is to coordinate and expedite the flow of work and materials according to the inbound / outbound production schedule. The logistics specialist will also be responsible to execute Inbound / Outbound shipments and performing ad hoc duties to support the department.
Outokumpu is the global leader in stainless steel. We aim to be customer’s first choice in sustainable stainless steel. The foundation of our business is our ability to tailor stainless steel into any form and for almost any purpose. Stainless steel is sustainable, durable and designed to last forever. Our customers use it to create civilization’s basic structures and its most famous landmarks as well as products for households and various industries. Outokumpu employs 9,500 professionals in more than 30 countries, with headquarters in Helsinki, Finland and shares listed in Nasdaq Helsinki. www.outokumpu.com
Starting with one of the most technically advanced stainless steel mills in the region, the Americas team has built on Outokumpu’s legacy of steel making and added the expertise of its diverse workforce to serve the Americas market with an unmatched passion for producing high quality stainless steel.
With a growing portfolio of both austenitic and ferritic grades from our fully-integrated mill in Calvert, Alabama, and our stainless steel finishing mill in San Luis Potosí, Mexico, and service center in Buenos Aires, Argentina, Outokumpu Americas is well-positioned to serve the expanding needs of the Americas’ market.
- Assist in the daily execution and management of Logistics operations activity which could include
- Intercompany movements (in and out bound)
- Outbound Materials
- External Warehouse activities
- Other ad hoc logistic duties
- Develop and implement new/improved processes and procedures for effective and efficient Logistics practices
- Support business departments on execution of urgent shipments
- Ensure quick and precise system execution for the delivery of OTK products
- Work proactively with Production, Sales and Panning departments to ensure continuous support
- Assist internal team members on critical shipments and non-standard requests
- Follow processes in full compliance with all federal, state and local regulatory guidelines when applicable
- Prepare and maintain SOP’s for all departmental activities
- Develop and maintain reporting to measure associated area(s) of responsibility
- Coordinate and execute special projects and additional services as requested
- Ability to take calls when on-call
Direct Reports: 0 Indirect Reports:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- English Language proficiency required
- Proficient ability in working within SAP, Excel & PowerPoint
- Analytical & problem-solving skills
- Time management skills
- Must have track record and ability to maintain positive team dynamics
• Repetitive motions for computer equipment use.
• Ability to frequently sit, stand, talk, and hear for long periods of time.
• Frequently use hand to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls.
• Frequently reach with hands and arms.
• Walking, Bending, stooping, or climbing stairs.
• Must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. individually.
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. We offer a suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities that support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. The total rewards that you receive as an Outokumpu team member goes way beyond a paycheck, including competitive health and insurance plans, 401K company-matching contributions and monthly incentives. We believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need an accommodation to complete any part of the application process due to a disability or medical condition, you may call 251-281-3631 or email email@example.com.