We are looking for an Risk Manager to join our team in Calvert, Alabama.
Purpose: Ensures effective risk management activities are conducted across BA Americas operations and proper insurance cover is maintained to secure assets and business.
- Oversees BA Americas risk-management activities, including project risk management
- Supports business and operations to identify, evaluate and mitigate risks effectively
- Implements risk management systems, policies, procedures, and controls to minimize risk exposure
- Monitors changes in the business environment and generates models and analysis to support decision making
- Facilitates risk updates and discussions to ensure that BA America’s management teams and project steering groups have regular reviews on most significant risks and related mitigation actions
- Implements Risk and Control Management system (RICO) and related online risk dashboards across region to upgrade procedures and enable efficiency
- Participates in Outokumpu’s global risk coordinator network to co-operate and share best practices
- Manages and administers BA Americas insurance programs, including local insurance policies issued under the global insurance framework and stand-alone policies.
- Works with insurance carriers and outside legal counsel on litigation matters, including statistical analysis and design of financial models to predict the risk exposure of the organization's assets.
- Conducts regular insurance policy reviews, research, and compiles loss trends, and classify risks to optimize coverage and claim settlements.
- Facilitates on-site Risk Surveys across the Region and plays a key role before, during and after Risk Survey processes take place.
- 5 + years of risk management in a manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field.
- Proficiency in systems relating to legal documentation, communication, and business relationships such as MS Office, DocuSign, risk management software and other related tools.
- Experience in administration and project management.
- Integrity/Ethics. Sensitivity to confidential matters
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal and able to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Thrives in fast-paced environment and persistent in the face of perceived obstacles.
- Attention to detail in completing work tasks while seeing the big picture.
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task, prioritize, and delegate or seek assistance when appropriate.
- Works well independently and proactively with minimal supervision.
Outokumpu is the global leader in stainless steel. We aim to be customer’s first choice in sustainable stainless steel. The foundation of our business is our ability to tailor stainless steel into any form and for almost any purpose. Stainless steel is sustainable, durable and designed to last forever. Our customers use it to create civilization’s basic structures and its most famous landmarks as well as products for households and various industries. Outokumpu employs 9,500 professionals in more than 30 countries, with headquarters in Helsinki, Finland and shares listed in Nasdaq Helsinki. www.outokumpu.com
Starting with one of the most technically advanced stainless-steel mills in the region, the Americas team has built on Outokumpu’s legacy of steel making and added the expertise of its diverse workforce to serve the Americas market with an unmatched passion for producing high quality stainless steel.
With a growing portfolio of both austenitic and ferritic grades from our fully integrated mill in Calvert, Alabama, and our stainless steel finishing mill in San Luis Potosí, Mexico, and service center in Buenos Aires, Argentina, Outokumpu Americas is well-positioned to serve the expanding needs of the Americas’ market.