Outokumpu places the highest priority on protecting the integrity of your data, whether about you, your company, your transactions, your products or your service. The following explains the commitment of Outokumpu to keeping the users of our web services information confidential and secure at all times and the information gathering and dissemination practices for
In the course of your use of the Site, we automatically track certain information about you, such as IP address, the source of visit and your browser’s type. This information is used in aggregated form internally in order to compile and distribute statistics and general market place information, in marketing and promotional efforts, to tailor our service to suit the needs of our users, and to help us to improve our Site in general. This is essential in order to make our service the best it can be.
Outokumpu’s purpose is to process customer data for the:
- provision of the www.outokumpu.com services and thereto related products to the customer;
- development and management of the customer relationship;
- development and management of the www.outokumpu.com services and thereto related products to the customer;
- provision of the value added services related to the www.outokumpu.com services and thereto related products to the customer;
- management of internal and external duties within Outokumpu Corporation, its partners, affiliates, subsidiaries and subcontractors to the extent related to the www.outokumpu.com services and thereto related products; and
- direct marketing and data mining and thereto related actions such as profiling of customer data for the above purposes of Outokumpu Corporation, its partners, affiliates, subsidiaries and subcontractors.
All popular browsers have the option to disallow this function if you prefer not to receive them. Check your browsers user guide for instructions on how to modify cookie preferences. Please note that the Site might not function properly if you disable Cookies.
Outokumpu uses industry-standard efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information such as firewalls and authentication protection. However, we do not guarantee complete security, as it does not exist on the Internet.
External Links, Social media plugins and other parties
The Site contains links to other websites. Outokumpu is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such site.
If you disclose information to other parties, whilst using the Outokumpu web services, Outokumpu does not control their privacy policies or use of such information. We recommend that you ask others about their privacy policies before you disclose personal information to them.
Social media plugins may be used on this Site. Social media plugins allow the users of the Site to share information from the Site in their social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter or Linkedin. Social media plugins can be identified by their respective share buttons.
Social media plugins and any other links or connections to other websites on the Site, may be owned by third parties. Outokumpu does not control such third party websites and therefore is not responsible for any material published on these third party websites nor does it assume any liability for matters arising out of use of such third party websites.
You can opt-out of remarketing by visiting the links below:
Outokumpu’s aim is to improve the content of the Site and therefore the Site uses Google Analytics which gathers anonymous statistics about the users of the Site. You can opt-out for google analytics on the following webpage:
Updates to this policy
You are entitled to correct the accuracy of your personal data we hold about you by contacting Outokumpu. At your request, Outokumpu will rectify, erase or supplement any erroneous, unnecessary, incomplete or obsolete personal data about you. For more information, please contact Outokumpu Corporate Communications and Marketing, tel. +358 9 4211.