Outokumpu continuously cast slabs
Outokumpu continuously cast slabs are typically hot and cold rolled into coil and sheet plate or used in the forging industry. We provide a wide range of ferritic, austenitic, duplex, heat resistant, and precipitation hardening stainless steels with consistently high quality and delivery reliability.
We also produce 300 mm thick slab, which reduces material wastage and costs in forging applications.
- 300 mm thick slab replaces ingots in certain applications
- Cut precise shapes to minimize wastage (nesting)
- Optimize length of slab to your needs
- Removing head and tail results in waste
- Tapered sides require more processing
End result: > 10% yield benefit
- Consistent surface, centerline, and cast quality
- Expert support for processing
- 300 mm slab reduces material wastage and costs while forging
- Reliable delivery performance