Outokumpu is a global leader in stainless steel. We create advanced materials that are efficient, long lasting and recyclable – thus building a world that lasts forever. Stainless steel, invented a century ago, is an ideal material to create lasting solutions in demanding applications from cutlery to bridges, energy and medical equipment: it is 100% recyclable, corrosion-resistant, maintenance-free, durable and hygienic. Outokumpu employs 10 000 professionals in more than 30 countries, with headquarters in Helsinki, Finland and shares listed in Nasdaq Helsinki.
A vacancy has arisen for a Process Improver, within S.M.A.C.C., part of the Long Products Business Unit. The position reports to the Operations Manager, S.M.A.C.C. and is based in Sheffield, U.K.
- Technically appraise production process parameters and conditions to ensure that the produced material is fit for customer use by taking immediate action to rectify any deficiencies.
- Monitor parameters and conditions using daily Key Performance Indicator (KPI) format and report KPI’s daily with relevant remedial action plan where required within the daily management system.
- Support Shift Teams with knowledge and expertise where required to ensure prompt and correct actions are taken with regards to the production process at a machine level.
- Ensure that all non-standard production process events are thoroughly investigated and remedial action put in place where required.
- Carry out process improvement work/trials on existing or new products/routes liaising with suppliers/customers and recommending subsequent operational changes to improve product quality, throughput, costs or yield.
- Work within the manufacturing excellence programme as both a coach, expert or leader of teams.
- Work in close co-operation with other functional areas to ensure the business objectives and KPI’s are met.
- Ensure that SMACC continues to maintain full compliance with OHSAS 18001 and all other appropriate
- Quality Standards with regards to the production process and that any assigned actions are completed in a timely manner
- Carry out DuPont Safety Audits and manage any assigned audit actions or Quick Hazard Reports.
- Deputise as required in the operations team.
- Managing shift activities to comply with all existing and future safety, quality and environmental management systems.
- Educated to a good standard or equivalent knowledge and understanding.
- Proven experience of a range of engineering or manufacturing operations with a strong process related background.
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement techniques and their application
- A good knowledge of the company’s health, safety and environmental procedures
- An ability to solve problems through investigation and the application of sound solutions.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal & written.
- Good organisation and team management ability.
- An enthusiastic and self-motivated approach to work.
- Some management experience, which is desirable.
How to apply
Please submit your application latest April 20th 2018 through this link